WILPF is looking for a MENA intern!
WILPF is an anti-militarist feminist organisation with a specific focus on issues concerning women, peace and security. We are looking for a Middle East and North Africa (MENA) intern to join the exciting and challenging work we do.
As a MENA intern, one of the exciting tasks you will be undertaking is attending and reporting on several events in Geneva including the UN Human Rights Council sessions, treaty bodies and side events.
You will gain experience in liaising with our national partners to implement the project activities as well as providing logistical support.
You will also be providing translation and proofreading from English to Arabic and vice versa.
We encourage you to apply if you are interested in women’s rights in the MENA region, and in feminist perspectives on peace and conflicts in particular. The internship is perfect for an engaged, motivated and independent person who wants to discover the world of feminist organisations and activism.
THE PRACTICAL STUFF
The internship is Geneva-based and will start in January 2019 for four or six months. Some 30% of your time will be dedicated to administrative support.
WILPF is a signatory to the charter We Pay Our Interns. Our interns are paid a monthly gross stipend of 900 CHF.
- The candidate must be fluent in both English and Arabic. Working knowledge of French is a great advantage.
- A degree in politics, international relations, Law, Gender, Middle Eastern studies, or a similar field. Pursuing are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent administrative and computer/technology skills.
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and to work independently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your cover letter (maximum one page) and CV (maximum two pages), in Word or PDF format only, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MENA Intern” in the subject line. We only receive applications by email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: 6 January, 2019