WILPF Academic Network: Call for Members from Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia Pacific
Researchers from Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia Pacific are invited to apply for membership in the WILPF Academic Network.
Deadline: 21 March 2016
The WILPF Academic Network is a global think tank that addresses issues of gender, peace and security. Established in 2013, the Academic Network links feminist scholars and activists, with the aim to bridge the gaps between research, policymaking and peacemaking. The Network currently gathers over 30 world experts, including Cynthia Enloe, Cynthia Cockburn and Jacqui True. Read more about the WILPF Academic Network
The Academic Network is open to scholars who:
- Are active researchers in the areas of war, peace and security, militarisation, disarmament, human rights and justice, political economy and environment;
- Apply a gender perspective to their research;
- Hold a Ph.D. or higher degree (outstanding Ph.D. candidates may also apply);
- Are members or friends of WILPF.
The call is open to scholars from Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia Pacific (researchers coming from and living in these geographical regions will be prioritised).
The network provides researchers with:
- Opportunity to be part of an international advisory network on policy issues connected to WILPF’s work addressing gender, peace, security, and demilitarisation;
- Opportunity to strengthen research impact through linkages with policy advocacy;
- A dedicated arena for sharing information and building collaborations;
- Opportunity to distribute and publicise work; books, articles etc. through WILPF communications platforms.
To apply, please read through the information and submit the application available in following link: Join the WILPF Academic Network
Decisions on membership will be announced by 15 April 2016. About 10 new members will be admitted. If you have any queries, please contact the coordinator of the WILPF Academic Network, Barbara K. Trojanowska, at academic (a) wilpf.ch.