We’re hiring! MENA Liaison Associate
The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is a non-governmental organiSation established in 1915, working worldwide for peace and security with two international offices in Geneva and New York.
WILPF is looking for an Arabic speaking liaison associate to join and support the MENA team.
- Provide administrative support to the team including planning conferences and workshops, coordinate travel and arrange logistics.
- Create, update and monitor the project’s database, including organiSing and filing documents.
- Liaise with national partners and with WILPF staff and consultants.
- Draft blogs in English and Arabic and update WILPF’s social media accounts.
- Assist in the development of toolkits, manuals and resource material for the project.
- Translation and proofread documents between Arabic and English.
- Support the project team in the research and monitoring of the situation in target countries, particularly on issues related to women’s rights and peace and security.
- Support the implementation of project activities in close collaboration with team members and national partners.
- Follow-up and monitoring of project activities (progress reports, budget reports and newsletters).
- University degree in a relevant field, a master’s degree is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic. Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Training, education or experience in communication, interpretation or administration is an asset.
- Strong organisation and administration skills, including filing and reporting.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to produce clear and analytical written report, newsletters and blogs.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and remotely.
Reporting line: Crisis Response Programme Manager
Duration: 1 November 2016 – 31 March 2017
Terms: Full time.
Based in: Flexible location.
Salary: 2000 CHF per month.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for MENA Liaison Associate” in the subject line.
Applications deadline: 14 October 2016