The Kay Camp Fund of the Jane Addams Peace Association
The Kay Camp Fund was established to honor past national and international WILPF president, Kay Camp. The Fund provides funding for active young WILPF members (age 35 and under) who are planning international travel for a WILPF, United Nations, or other related peace, justice and international relations event. Preference will be given to peacemakers who can use the funds to increase leadership skills in the ongoing work for justice and peace.
- Applicants must have a letter of reference from their branch or, for at-large members, from another WILPF member.
- The Kay Camp Fund Committee will consider financial need, and the leadership potential of the applicant. We also seek to increase diversity among WILPF activists.
- Expenses will be considered for a portion of the registration and transportation costs. Maximum funding for any one grant is $600.00 Funds will not be given to the same grantee within five years.
- A completed application in English will include:
- Purpose of the visit
- Goal to be accomplished
- Date and duration
- A description of the planned trip
- A narrative statement regarding financial need
- An estimated budget. Please provide proof of passport and appropriate travel documents or include in your budget.
- 2 letters of reference from WILPF members
- The fund committee seeks to increase diversity among WILPF activists. Please tell us about yourself.
- Brief essay stating how this participation will further the achievement of the individual’s and WILPF’s goals.
- At the conclusion of the trip, a report, a financial statement, and photos (if available) are to be sent to JAPA and the Kay Camp Fund Committee. These materials may be used in WILPF publications.
- No more than 1 member from any Section will be funded in one year.
- Unused monies are to be returned to the Kay Camp Fund at JAPA
- It is expected that the grantee would remain involved with WILPF for at least two years after the event.
- In some years, some limited funds may be used for travel within the United States.
Please submit your application electronically before the 30 of November to: japa (a) igc.org