We are looking for a Syria Project Coordinator
The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) with National Sections covering every continent, an International Secretariat based in Geneva, and a New York office focused on the work of the United Nations (UN). Since our establishment in 1915, we have brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means and promoting political, economic and social justice for all.
The Syria Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of WILPF projects with partners in the region. S/he will coordinate with partners on all issues related to granting, contracts, activity implementation and finance. S/he will be the focal point with WILPF Admin and Finance teams and ensure ongoing coordination and compliance.
- Project and partners coordination
- Coordinate the grant making process, including liaising with WILPF finance and admin teams and partners on contracting, granting, transfer of funds and financial reporting. As well as finding solutions for issues as and when they arise
- Support the development of workplans with partners and ensure accurate implementation of activities and fulfilment of commitments.
- Ensure compliance with WILPF’s Financial Manual as well as administrative and recordkeeping guidelines.
- Support partners in activity implementation including attending activities in the region when needed, liaise with other WILPF Programmes and provide supporting tools when needed.
- Review and follow up with partners on the interim and final narrative and financial reports, checking in with spending and reporting of small initiatives and groups.
- Coordination and logistics
- Provide work plans for each project and provide regular update and assessment of progress made.
- Oversee the arrangement of all coordination and movement building meetings including all logistical arrangements.
- Coordinate the outsourcing of external advisors to meet the technical support including drafting contracts and following up on deliverables, payments and MEL.
- Coordinate and delegate the arrangement of visas, travel tickets, accommodation, food and venues for regional coordination meetings.
- Review outgoing contracts in collaboration with the International Office Manager.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Provide thorough monitoring for all project activities in accordance with the tracking tools.
- Run learning activities and session both internally and externally in coordination with the MEL advisor and in line with WILPF MEL Framework.
- Monitor progress made on key performance indicators within the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF).
- Oversee and coordinate the mid-term and final review processes, including narrative and financial updates from partners.
- Review and update project-specific risk register on a monthly basis in accordance with the Due Diligence Framework (DDF) developed for the project.
- Monitor budget and provide financial reporting for each project.
- Draft donor reports and contribute to the Syria and MENA programme reporting process.
- Draft case studies and lessons learned.
4. Internal and External Coordination
- Coordinate closely with the Syria and MENA teams, MEL advisors and other WILPF staff, including attending monthly staff meetings and weekly MENA meetings.
- Coordinate with partners in English and Arabic, other INGOs, as well as with WILPF programmes on issues related to project implementation.
- Liaise with international, regional, and local organisations and stakeholders on issues related to joint activities and movement building and represent WILPF at national and international meetings.
- Providing accurate translation and proofreading of correspondence, training materials and other documents, as well as informal interpretation in meetings
- Supervising Project Support Staff
- Liaise with, delegate to and oversee the work of project support staff, including the project intern, students and volunteers, offer guidance, support and feedback
- Undertake weekly coordination meetings with project intern and supporting their professional development
- Other: Carry out other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to WILPF’s values, feminist, peace, gender equality.
- Established project management experience in non-profit settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and able to work independently, willing to learn,open minded, flexible
- Ability to travel
Education and Experience:
- An advanced (graduate) degree in gender, human rights, international relations, journalism, law, social science or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and substantial knowledge of the area.
- A project management qualification is a plus.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
Terms: 80% position
Based in: London, United Kingdom
Brut annual salary: 55’000 CHF prorated
Start date: as soon as possible
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 April 2019. Please write: “Syria Project Coordinator” in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without cover letter and CV will not be accepted.