MEMBERSHIP AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP AUTUMN 2018/WINTER 2019
We are looking for an organised and bright Membership and Office Management Intern to join the inspiring and challenging work of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) in the Autumn/Winter of 2018-19.
Since our establishment in 1915, we have brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means. Joining our team will enable you to transfer the skills you have learned in the classroom to a professional environment and bring you in direct contact with a network of inspiring women grassroots activists.
About the Internship:
Your internship will be centred around administrative tasks (up to ~30%) and communications tasks related to our membership (up to ~70%), counting both our National Sections and our international members.
As the Membership and Office Management Intern, you will be deeply involved in the day-to-day office management, but also in strengthening our membership and maintaining internal contacts. Your tasks will include the following:
- Assisting with the management of our national and international membership, including liaising with members on a regular basis for collecting information about their activities and updating WILPF Sections profiles accordingly;
- Organising and systematising documents related to the national and the international membership, including updating existing contact database;
- Providing membership service, hereunder creating WILPF’s membership newsletter and answering emails targeting the membership;
- Supporting the organisation of side events at the United Nations, such as arranging logistics for the events;
- Assisting with the maintenance of our mail boxes, mailing lists, emails and international directory;
- Assisting the International Office Manager in day-to-day administration and finance work.
We encourage you to apply if you have an interest in ICT, digital communication, office administration work, and have a talent for using new platforms and interfaces. You should also be up-to-date with the latest trends, and ideally an excel-ninja. You need to be able to think of structure, design and overall members’ experience while working on your tasks.
The internship will provide you with the opportunity to experience the “behind the scenes” of a grassroots organisation secretariat. It is an advantage if you work systematically and you are good to stay in control in a busy environment with different tasks, opinions and personalities.
We expect you to:
- Have at least a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in communications, business and administration, public administration, information and technology science, library and information science, or related studies with interest in non-profit and grassroots organisations;
- Have strong writing skills, a rigorous attention to detail, and a structured approach to how you solve your tasks;
- Have some experience in the area of administration/event management
- Be interested in learning, or already familiar with, web editing (esp. WordPress);
- Be service minded, but also able to say no and move on with your prioritised tasks;
- Be able to think independently and take responsibility;
- Be fluent in English and with at least work proficiency in French;
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a plus;
- Share WILPF’s values and goals.
The full-time internship will be from beginning of October 2018 to end of March 2019. You will work closely with our International Office Manager and our Membership Coordinator, who will also be your supervisors.
WILPF is a member of the “We Pay Our Interns” initiative, which means that we pay a gross monthly stipend of 900 CHF. The full-time internship is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
How to apply:
If this sounds interesting, and you wish to get practical experience in a grassroots feminist organisation, then please send a cover letter and your CV without photo to internship (a) wilpf.ch by 3rd July 2018 (midnight CEST, Geneva time).Please write: “Membership and Office Management Internship Autumn 2018/Winter 2019” in the subject field.
We expect to conduct interviews and complete the entire process by end July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without cover letter and CV will not be accepted.