Job Vacancy at WILPF: Grants and Finance Coordinator
We are looking for a bright and experienced Grants and Finance Coordinator to join the inspiring and challenging work of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) .
The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is a non-governmental organisation established in 1915, working worldwide for peace and security (www.wilpf.org for more information) with two international offices in Geneva and in New York City.
The primary responsibility of the Grants Finance Coordinator (GFC) is to support the management of grants and sub-granting and ensure compliance with WILPF policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations, and any other requirements.
Grants compliance and support
- Follow all accounting compliance and observe all policies and mandated procedures.
- Ensure and oversee compliance with the internal controls. Ensure that applicable rules and regulations, WILPF Financial Manual and donor requirements or restrictions are complied with.
- Coordinate the selection process for external consultancies.
- Review partners, service providers and consultants’ contracts.
- Ensure the 2nd review of partners and/or sections’ financial reports.
Capacity support to sub-grantees (partners mostly in MENA region/sections)
- Ensure appropriate financial processes are being implemented.
- Conduct capacity assessment of partners.
- Ongoing support and capacity building to WILPF’s sub-grantees.
Monitoring and reporting to Donors
- Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports in collaboration with the programme/project managers and Finance team.
- Coordinate donors’ audit.
- Maintain accurate filing of grants documentation.
- Support all programme/project staff on proposal and budget development.
- Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow up.
- Support to Financial Manager for all issues related to grants management.
- Carry out other related duties as required and agreed.
Interdependences and Reporting
GFC works closely with the Finance Manager, Programme Staff and International Office Manager. GFC reports to the Finance Manager.
Knowledge and skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good skills in interpretation of donor contracts
- Strong contract modelling skills
- Knowledge of accounting, financial and grants management skills
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare financial reports and statements
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Futuristic financial planning & liquidity planning skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret financial information to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance background.
- Ability to nurture interpersonal relationships and good communication skills.
- Knowledge/understanding of Human Rights work.
Education, Languages and Experience:
- University degree in finance/ accounting.
- Demonstrated ability in project financial management and grants management.
- 3 or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in NGO.
- Experience in fundraising a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic is a strong asset and French is a plus.
Terms: Full time position
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Salary range: 65’000 CHF to 70’000CHF brut per year
Start date: February 2019
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Grants and Finance Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.
Applications deadline: 20th January 2019 – 23:59 Geneva time