Webinar: A nuclear weapon free world
Join our upcoming webinar on a nuclear weapon free world: 71 years in the making – is there an end in sight? Register here.
When: 5 August 2016,
- Seattle, PT: 12 pm – 1.30 pm
- New York, EDT: 3 pm – 4.30 pm
- Geneva, CEST: 9 pm – 10.30 pm
- Brisbane, AEST: 5 am – 6.30 am*
On 6 and 9 August 2016 the world will once again remember the nuclear weapon attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. For this occasion WILPF is organising a webinar on 5 August 2016.
We will bring together key anti-nuclear campaigners to assess the state of play of nuclear disarmament and discuss how the humanitarian approach to nuclear disarmament might be just what we need to bring us closer to our goal of a nuclear weapon free world.
The discussion is facilitated by Chris Henderson, Communications Coordinator, WILPF Australia.
We will also honour Helen Caldicott as a WILPF Australia Centennial Peacewoman for the contribution she is making to world peace.
- Dr Helen Caldicott, veteran anti nuclear campaigner and WILPF Peace Woman Laureate
- Daniel Högsta, Network Coordinator, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
- Ray Acheson, Director, Reaching Critical Will, WILPF
Click on the flyer to download it.
*For AEST time this webinar will be held on 6 August
Participate in the debate! Share your thoughts!