CSW61: WILPF Demands Meaningful Participation for All
Due to the exclusionary impact of the United States government travel ban on the voices and lives of women from conflict-affected settings, WILPF International has decided to not formally engage in the 61st Commission on the Status of Women. We take this position as part of ongoing work to recognise and overcome all obstacles to women’s meaningful participation, including through shrinking space, tokenisation, and watering down of the women’s human rights agenda.
How can you get involved?
- Make a public statement to overturn the ban and ensure women’s meaningful participation.
- Ask questions: Where are the missing voices?
- Start a conversation: What does meaningful participation look like?
- Raise awareness: Share and translate our statement with your networks.
- WILPF’s Official Statement to Member States in English and Arabic
- WILPF and CSW61 Fact Sheet
- WILPF CSW61 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further updates, please visit WILPF’s CSW61 page here or contact Marina Kumskova at: ma
Participate in the debate! Share your thoughts!