Could you be our new communications intern?
Would you like to work on gender, disarmament, peace and security issues? To be a part of an inspiring network of women peace activists? To apply your textbook communication skills to a real world setting? Then maybe you are the communications intern that we are looking for.
As a member of the dedicated WILPF team, your tasks will be exciting, diverse, and challenging. Whether you have acquired your communication skills in the classroom or in the field, joining a grassroots organisation will enable you to transfer them to a professional environment by working on real world issues.
You will explore different communication outlets, including the production of communication materials (brochures, banners, merchandise), web editing, social media, newsletter production and campaign management. Depending on your skills and interests, you will also have the opportunity to work with graphics, photos and video.
It is an advantage if you work systematically and are able to stay organised during busy periods.
We offer a workplace where everyone’s suggestions and ideas are welcome – and where teamwork and team spirit are essential.
We expect you to:
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a Masters Degree in communications, journalism, literature, or a related field;
- have strong writing, proofreading and analytical skills;
- be interested in learning, or already familiar with, web editing (esp. WordPress and MailChimp);
- be able to meet tight deadlines;
- be able to think independently and take responsibility;
- have the desire and courage to contribute your own ideas and personality;
- be interested in WILPF’s aims and goals.
- Fluent in English
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Artistic skills are a plus (video editing, photography)
The practical stuff
The full-time internship will be from the 4 June – 30 November 2018.
You will work closely with our Communications Manager, who also will be your supervisor.
One day a week will be dedicated to administrative tasks, which are crucial to running the organisation.
WILPF is part of the We Pay Our Interns campaign. We pay a monthly gross stipend of 900 CHF.
If this sounds interesting to you and you wish to acquire practical experience in a grassroots organisation, then please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by 25 April 2018. Please write: “Communications Internship Summer 2018” in the subject field.
We expect to conduct interviews and complete the entire process before 18 May 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without cover letter and CV will not be accepted.
WILPF is an anti-war organisation with a specific focus on issues concerning women, peace and security. Read more about us on www.wilpf.org and/or follow us on our social media.