RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Social Security

Reply to topic    WILPF Book Readings Forum Index » Women and the US Budget View previous topic
View next topic

Social Security
juliannekent

Post Social Security Reply with quote
I wanted to respond to Jane's post about her book and the topic in general. While the man articulated his feelings in a rude, exaggerating manner, I think it is important to consider just how wonderful social security is going to be for this generation and generations to come. FDR's creation did well for the baby boomers, but many experts today are skeptical about the program's ability to cover U.S. citizens in the future. A lot of hard-working individuals would feel more comfortable with the privitization of social security. Think of how badly our government has miscalculated and underestimated and at times, even presented false information to us in the past decade or so. If the Feds can't even plan suitable relief for natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina, how are they going to be able to give us back what we earned, all 300 or so million of us so we can live decently post-retirement? While I don't agree with the statement, "Women take all of the money from the federal budget", I do understand where the man is coming from when he says social security may, just may be, a bad investment.
Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:54 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Reply to topic    WILPF Book Readings Forum Index » Women and the US Budget All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: