Dear Reaching Critical Will friends and advisors,
As RCW gears up for another busy September and October here at the UN in New York, we are asking you to support the work we do and the resources we provide for the global community of disarmament experts, analysts, and activists.
With your support, our work in the upcoming 2007 UN General Assembly First Committee on Disarmament and International Security will be even stronger. We will:
* Index every disarmament statement made at the UN General Assembly General Debate and post it so you can access it on line and know what your government is saying on a myriad of issues;
* Report on the disarmament-focused debates in our First Committee Monitor in topic based weekly summaries;
* Provide the only online access to all First Committee statements, resolutions and papers;
* Keep you updated on any disarmament action-items via our General E-news list;
* Coordinate a NGO Working Group for the duration of the First Committee to collectively strengthen our advocacy; and
* Facilitate access to rooms at the UN for NGO side events during the First Committee.
Welcome to the August E-Newsletter.
As you can see, the dog days of August does not mean we are slowing our pace working for peace and justice. In this month of heat and draught, we ask you to take some time to plan for Blue October and to take action to Save the Water. We are making great strides with this campaign. San Francisco and Salt Lake City have banned bottled water purchases by their cities and municipalities across the country are promoting the use of their tap water.Great work!